The Fir Grove/Vista staff works together to create a caring, learning and nurturing environment that encourages cooperation, teaches responsible thinking, promotes respect and fosters positive self-directed learners. We will work to help each student achieve the skills and strategies necessary to function as a successful, positive, contributing member of our community.
- Fir Grove/Vista is a program that supports students from all the schools within Vancouver Public Schools’ boundaries. We also support students in our neighboring communities and districts.
- We have approximately 70 students in our school. Our school serves kindergarten to high school students with eight to 10 students per class.
- We are a Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, or PBIS, school. We teach our school expectations throughout the building: Be safe. Be respectful. Be responsible (Falcon Strong).
- We support all students through Response to Intervention. All grade levels receive instruction at their level. Students just below grade level are served in Tier II classroom interventions. Students significantly below grade level are served in Tier III interventions with specialists.
- We support all students with a thoughtful social-skills program that focuses on students becoming positive community members. Each grade level has a mental health specialist who supports, fosters and promotes students’ development toward becoming self-directed learners.
Welcome to the Fir Grove/Vista program. We are pleased to have you as part of our family!